mhudoba

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I bought a pygmy angel (purple with yellow face) at Fishtown yesterday for $14.99. Immediately after putting it into my tank it started scouring my rock for algae to eat. It will often turn sideways to eat the algae which is pretty cool. Anyone else out there have this fish? I'm very happy with mine.:approve:

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Actually, the angel(centropyge argi) will probably pick on corals less than most other pygmies. Due to the fact they hail from the Atlantic, most of our corals are foreign to them and they seem to leave them alone most of the time.

joe

thepudge

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Had mine for a year with no problems.. then, innocently enough, it started eating my xenia and then, my clam... He had to go.. very sad.

glipper69

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I had one for years great little guys, I have yet to any pygmy angel pick on corals yet. though I am sure it happens. each one has there own personality. I currently have a flame angel for the past 3 years and it swims all over picking on rock. there will be time he doesn;t even eat, I guess becasue he is full from picking. anyway good luck. make sure to feed them mysis or live brine every once and a while it keeps them healthy and there colors looking real sharp and colorful.

Frank

Last edited:

griMReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do pymy angels require algae in their diet? or are they more carnivore. also, has anyone had the experience of comparing an atlantic pygmy to a fireball pygmy (brazil) 's picking habits? which one pics more at corals and/or CLAMS?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: