herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Look wingo, if you want a proper tank there are certain steps you must follow no matter what system you choose!

1. Take out all your livestock and have someone hold it for you in their tank. Then we can take steps to clean up and save it! Because right now, all you have is a giant mess and a diaster waiting to happen

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
WingoAgency said:
So why did you get so upset with me?

I am not upset. I am down right pissed. I feel very bad for all the animals in your tank. Youre killing them! Its that simple. Just make it right! Stop screwing around with the "experiments"

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
hermangareis said:
I am not upset. I am down right pissed. I feel very bad for all the animals in your tank. Youre killing them! Its that simple. Just make it right! Stop screwing around with the "experiments"

OK. Yes Sir.

These animals in my tanks would have been dead if I did not pick them up from the other guy in the first place. Ask Tony how bad they look before I got them. Ask Magneto if my tank looks like an animal killing machine or it looks like a happy family. I just being to curious and being too exact and being annoying by asking too many questitons you guys already know too well. I been to many seniors members in this club and I can see that they have many dying animals in their tanks whithout really thinking or knowing how to save them. They were all "dead animals" except the ones from Jawwad. All the animals were in more terrible tanks than mine.

Anyway, I will shut up from now on be a good boy.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I think after reading some of your threads wingo the best thing to do is to break down the tank and start from the beginning.

find someone to hold the animals like Herman suggested, then go through the rock cooking process, keeping the rock in a dark area in water with a skimmer for at least a month. this will get rid of all the bad crap taking over the rock now. you'll also have to do some water changes.

while the rock is cooking take the time to READ, and then read some more ;)
also we can analyze the equipment you have and what you want to keep,
then recommend what you can keep and what you will need to get.

Right now your tank is a mess, it was not set up properly, not your fault, you bought a system that needed some work.

Let us know if you want to do things the right way, we'll be happy to help :)

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
nanoreefer22 said:
Who didn't know it wasn't a good sign? If Mike did have that problem, it definately 100% gone :D.

When was the last time you were there? I was there like 10 days ago.

The stupid me didn't know! Never seen it in real life-only know it from the book. Or else why would I start this stupid thread too.:sad2: Remember, I asked what's the red/purple stuff on the glass/rock? I cannot tell the difference bewteen Cyano and coraline aglae.
Knowing something versus going through it is very different. Saw it, seeing it but still not realizing it until being yell at.:frown: If I realize it, I would have used the methods in the book without even need to ask the board.

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
It seems there's quite a bit of frustration going on here, on both sides. Wingo, in order for anyone to help you get your tank to the condition you want it and need it for your animals, we must get some pictures of what you're talking about.

Everybody here wants to help, but without us being there and physically seeing the condition, it is absolutely impossible to determine how bad your situation is. Take a big step backwards, locate a camera (even if it's a phone cam) and get some pix with data to us.

Nobody is here to argue, just offer help. Sometimes it gets frustrating spending the time to respond to someones questions and then having your response ignored.

Pix = better feedback

Russ

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
are these bubbles literally lifting off your rock? are they hard? can they be popped? and when they are popped, does it leave behind "skin"? if so it could be bubble algae. i leave them alone, others lift them out careful not to break them. do you have a friend with a camera you can use?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Thanks for all the concerns first. Since the problem does not seems to be bad, so I did not check the thread too often. I am just curious when I saw the rock bubbles. However, it turns out that I learned something from this curiousity. I am setting up a planted tank for someone these couple days and since my hours are very different from you guys, so if I cannot respond immediately, please excuse me. I asked the guy to shoot the whole procedure and then I can borrow his the phone camera tomorrow. I will be buying my camera soon to communicate better.

No more new bubbling occurs-just the same old ones hanging around. I did not consider it an emergency. I will update everyone by the time I got a camera.

True heartedly thanks for every kind members here.

Actually, I should especially thank Herm because he's the one that make me really realized what cyano is despite I know all about it in terms of books and theory including how it looks under a microscope but not in a simple regular pic(sucks, right). If I started it all perfect and get everything QT and dipped including from reputable sources, I would never have seen the cyano and I will not recognize it until a major outbreak. It's like Katrina-no one knows how to respond unless you have survived something similar before. It's a good learning experience.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
jenniebutterfly said:
are these bubbles literally lifting off your rock? are they hard? can they be popped? and when they are popped, does it leave behind "skin"? if so it could be bubble algae......

yes, literally lifting off the rock, very hard to pop, will leave behind a redish coat which I believe is the cyano because the red stuff fits all cyano's charactistics. The interesting part is that, when I pop the bubble, another one will form immediately withtin the same bubble just smaller.

jenniebutterfly said:
do you have a friend with a camera you can use?

May be I can get one tomorrow.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
House of Laughter said:
Wingo, are you going to try and get a friend tomorrow? or get a camera?

A camera is best for pics. :backtotop

House

Good :funnypost . How about both?

:backtotop
WELL everyone this is the best pic I can get so far
DSC00019.JPG

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Wingo buddy, I'm looking at that pic and not knowing what I'm supposed to see in it. I don't see any bubbles. Front right looks like there could be some cyano though. Sorry, not much of a help to ya.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: