KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Put the ice bag on the sump or main tank?

Additected To MR =D Lol

Ideally the sump as you don't want it too close to any coral.

You DO want to make your own ice packs using Ro/Di water in case they break open. 16 oz soda bottles are good ...fill them a couple of inches short of the top and rotate them in and out of your sump as they thaw out.

A fan is better though.... but the extra boost from frozen water bottles is good to help out on extremely hot days :)

Audi0s

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
ANything up at 82 is ok. Of cousre stability is what you want, but over 80 isnt necessarily gonna kill everythign. I actually left my house last night without the fan on and when I got back it was almost 84! I use 2 smaller walmart fans blowing across my display. I think theyre 4 inch fans and were 7 bucks each at walmart. My temp went down to 80 overnight but lost over a gallon in evap. And put 1.5gallons in after dinner last night.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
ANything up at 82 is ok. Of cousre stability is what you want, but over 80 isnt necessarily gonna kill everythign. I actually left my house last night without the fan on and when I got back it was almost 84! I use 2 smaller walmart fans blowing across my display. I think theyre 4 inch fans and were 7 bucks each at walmart. My temp went down to 80 overnight but lost over a gallon in evap. And put 1.5gallons in after dinner last night.

Everyday low prices lol yea i guess i will have to buy another fan today

Additected To MR =D Lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: