House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
If you have not had a chance to visit Gill's Aquarium in Mamaroneck, you need to.

Store was really clean, well designed, reasonably priced and had nice systems to provide frags/corals and fish in.

Since it was a new opening, there was limited inventory, but that's to be expected on day 1. I was able to pick up a few fish, some inverts and a coral and wlaked out pretty happy.

I know there was some discussion about pricing but you won't be blown out of the water (punn intended).

Good luck with the new store and will definitely visit again.

House

Attachments

• IMG_2384.JPG
    IMG_2384.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_2385.JPG
    IMG_2385.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_2386.JPG
    IMG_2386.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 627

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Today Gills open the doors and was very impressed. Sean owner and Jacob both introduced themself. Very experience and knowledge of business. Lay out of the store is beautiful. Classy and brings a very friendly atmosphere . Popcorn, drinks and place to sit and you could even watch TV. Now that the tanks are running Sean wants to sell healthly fish and coral at very reasonable price. Seems to me already this store is a going to be a must store to visit. Dry goods already on the shelfs with frozen food. Store will be closed on Mondays and open Tues- Sat. 11-8. Sunday 11-6. Has some nice clownfish already. Not fully stock with fish and coral yet. By next week more fish and coral will be in the store. Also parking in back next to laundry mat driveway. There's a entrance in back also to enter the store. So you don't have to walk to the front. I wish the best of luck to Sean and Jacob. Both easy going and if you wanted something and they don't have it they will get it for you. First impression is A+

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Stopped by this morning.

Very nice setup, very clean and the guys are friendly.

Look forward to having you here and a successful business.
I'll be there a lot once my new tank is running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that came in! We had a really great turnout and a bunch of very positive reviews! We look forward to being your go-to Aquarium Store, mostly focusing on HEALTHY livestock, a wide selection of fish and corals and tons of dry goods. We will be stocking up on livestock over the next month or so until we are at capacity. Also, we will be planning a grand opening approximately one month from now with discounts on everything in the store, smokehouse grill from Mamaroneck will be catering the event and we will have a bunch of company reps on hand to answer questions about products or anything you might want to ask. We will post the date ASAP!

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Stop by the other day and took my son with me. He really enjoy hanging out at Gills. They were so nice that they offer us bottle water and expresso. It's just a wonderful store and they very friendly service. After speaking to Sean sounds like the Grand Opening March 25,... This week a few shipments coming in. Sean also stated they have a 14 day guarantee policy on fish. Thats awesome... Sean has really put a nice touch in the appearance. Which tells me he will take good care of his fish and water Quality.... Can't wait to go back...

Last edited:

salpet

Advanced Reefer
gill's is one of the more classiest lfs store you will see, nice knowledge people running it, decent prices,spotless environment. good luck fellas, its nice to see a store like that in westchester

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: