KingPringles

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi All,

Used to run both freshwater and FOWLR tanks back in the day for about 4 years. Recently got back into the hobby but now renting in NY...with an ADA 45p (17.7" x 10.6" x 11.8") 9 gallon for the time being. -13 lbs LR and running an empty Eheim canister (for chemipure) carried over from my hi tech planted days.
-RODI and all those prereqs checked off
- Just got an AI Prime HD and will begin adding corals in the upcoming months

-(1) sm. Mocha Davinci Occellaris
-(1) sm. Lawnmower Blenny
- Emerald crab, Turbans, hermit crabs

QUESTION: Do I realistically have room for any other livestock? Ideally sixline wrasse, neon dottyback, clown goby...but open to suggestions.

Appreciate the input =)
389345cf654e2101ad672417a3cf4300.jpg
c592a83bae3aaead7b33cae98a6b6796.jpg
c4f257f78bd370e50ef33e140d077344.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
nice welcome back. I dont have too much experience with nano tanks, but I would say at only 9 gallons you are definitely pushing you limits. If I was in your situation and was thinking of another fish to add, I would look into a mate for the clown you have in there. I would definitely avoid the wrasse and dotty as those are both known to get pretty aggressive as they get established in the tank. Clown goby may be an option but I know of another hobbyist who has one and it has basically been killing all of his SPS.

One of the biggest suggestions I have to you is to raise that light up a lot.

KingPringles

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
nice welcome back. I dont have too much experience with nano tanks, but I would say at only 9 gallons you are definitely pushing you limits. If I was in your situation and was thinking of another fish to add, I would look into a mate for the clown you have in there. I would definitely avoid the wrasse and dotty as those are both known to get pretty aggressive as they get established in the tank. Clown goby may be an option but I know of another hobbyist who has one and it has basically been killing all of his SPS.

One of the biggest suggestions I have to you is to raise that light up a lot.
Thanks for the quick reply! Completely forgot to caveat that the AI Prime's mounting arm is in the mail.

Pretty much what I figured on the fish. Plans on upgrading in the Spring and drill one of them larger ADA's. Thinking livestock long term and want to keep "future" bioload down so avoiding a Davinci mate for now.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: