Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
As the title says, does anyone know what the most expensive toadstool is? We all know they come in different shapes, colors and polyp extensions but what makes the prices vary beside location? Also not known as an expensive coral but interesting nonetheless on which is valued the highest. My local fish store called the toadstools I purchased awhile back imperials and said they were on the rare side. To me they look like your typical toadstool but I still find them to be very nice. Can anyone chime in on this one? I know tyree toadstools are very popular with their green polyps but are they priced on the higher end for toadstools? From the information I've gathered it seems the Japanese deep water toadstool is the most expensive, is that correct? Also if anyone can contribute pictures of their toadstools that would be much appreciated, always love to see what's out there.

Last edited:

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
These are the toadstools they called imperials, they are rather large

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2,151
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The most expensive what is termed is the japanese green sarcophyton. This usually refers to a coral that is solid bright florescent green; tentacles and capitulum. It is a very slow grower. I have one I bought for $100 from someone on RC about the size of a nickle.

About 15 years ago I had a weeping willow like in the picture above. Not sure how expensive but they are hard to find. Very tall stalk and small capitulum. Now I have a long tentacled toadstool from Unique; not as long as the above but quite nice.

Pablo

Coral Farmer
Rating - 100%
212   0   0
I still frag them. Got a few frags available if anyone is interested.

Short polyps Japanese toadstool (Very slow grower)

img_5265.jpg

Long Polyps Japanese (Very rare)
img_53171.jpg

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Wow those are nice looking toadstools must be very rare I've never seen them before. Have you seen a full grown long polyp Japanese toadstool?

BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yeah the Japanese toadstool are suppose to be expensive and from an article I recently read most corals that come from Japan are illegal. That's the only reason I think they are expensive, I could be wrong.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: