BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Why do people generally seem to love Aussie SPS yet shun mariculture or wild pieces from other parts of the globe? I love that Aussie stuff, but I like Sri Lanka, Bali, Indo etc. as well.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I like them all. Many of indo pieces get repetitive, where a lot of the assuie stuff is still new to hobbyists. I think that's where the appeal is.

Gdemos

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9c69ef9fe1d8e2ed4ef6d79f40a35eb2.jpg
0a7d0c035bfc555e4f4a23689e7ed0f7.jpg

It's a gamble either way but Aussies are generally known for more rigorous collection processes.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
And what exactly is a rigorous collection process? Also I hope you took those pics just for the purpose of this forum because I don't see PE on either piece #justsaying

AXsignaturecorals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I like them all. Many of indo pieces get repetitive, where a lot of the assuie stuff is still new to hobbyists. I think that's where the appeal is.
I would have to disagree... although the aussie sps comein looking beautiful in my experience you always get the same thing from aussie... 90 percent of the collector pieces are pieces imported from asia..

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I was looking at a lot of high end pieces, nice color/growth of branches/corralites structure and haven't seen any from Australia. I may have missed them though so even if there not yours post em!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
You guys are right about the rock plug indo colonies having some beautiful pieces, I just meant when I got to a reef store I always see the same stuff like a purple rim efflo, tri-color types, green stags etc. I have seen bright yellow ones that would be considered "high end" (I hate that term) and multi colored tenuis types. I guess the same can be said for Aussie stuff. How many spathulata and shortcake can one have? Lol

AXsignaturecorals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
You guys are right about the rock plug indo colonies having some beautiful pieces, I just meant when I got to a reef store I always see the same stuff like a purple rim efflo, tri-color types, green stags etc. I have seen bright yellow ones that would be considered "high end" (I hate that term) and multi colored tenuis types. I guess the same can be said for Aussie stuff. How many spathulata and shortcake can one have? Lol
As far as the mini miriculture colonys yea lot of the same stuff comes in.. thats because most lsf shops buy from the same suppliers.. thats why it looks all the same... but ive seen and have some pieces that no aussie piece can compare to.... in asia they have stopped issuing cities for wild sps.. so what you see now is a lot of the same stuff on plugs.. unless you have a supplier with premo stuff..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: