skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
As long as nutrients coming direct from the DT to the sump/fuge area are not being bothered by a reactor return... you're fine. So if you placed your reactor return closer to return pump you wont come across that as being an issue. or rather... what rka said.

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
Ive been thinking this myself. Only because on a 125 the 2 drains and returns are so far apart that plumbing usually adds some unwanted head pressure to the 2 pumps.

ALso when ever i light a fuge opposite my main lights. (main lights 8-10 hours daily, fuge light 14-16 hours daily) using cheap low kelvin power compact bulbs that algae love....

I get unwanted algae growing in the fuge. And since the fuge is near my skimmer and equipment.... it all gets covered in algae.

So i thought maybe i can use my nice clean clear acrylic sump for equipment, filters and water volume and use a home depot (non transparent) rupper container for fuge. Place each directly under drain/return of main tank.

Less plumbing, less clutter, less head pressure... and lighting only where lighting needs to be.

But ofcourse i worry that if one pump dies, than the other pump will continue to push water, unfortunately it will drain to both sumps and eventually the sump with non working pump will overflow!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: