jggav66

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Question, I currently have a deepblue 57 Gal which will soon be up for sale, Once I get my larger tank. Because of length constrictions I can only go with a 48long. So I am interested in getting a 150 high. Deepblue makes a reef ready with two overflows in the corners. Has anyone have one of these setup and could you tell me of the quality.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have the same space limitations and got a great deal on that same tank. 48 X 24 X 30 and I'm building the system now.

I love how much viewing area the tank provides. Tanks under 30" tend to be very low and I end up stooping over to look at them. I'm building a stand 32" high so I won't need to. The top of the tank is almost 6' high so it would not help to be height challenged.

I have a long reach so getting to the bottom of the tank is not as bad for me but lighting is a concern. But that always is.
I currently have two 120w led panels that I will end up upgrading after the build comes together. I have seen my lights on a tank of similar height and I was pleased.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I have similar tanks but mine is oceanic single corner over flow more viewing area in the tank imbarrie u still didn't put that tank up ?? I running Mh/t5 and the tank looka nice with just t5 its a bit dark cause of the 1/2 thick glass I love the tank tho

jggav66

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dubs

I see you are building your tank. The pics look great. Yea Oceanic is the way to go just a hard tank to find. There is a 140 on this site. He wants $1000 I ofered $800, still waiting to hear. There is also an Aquavim 130 this tank I went to see. I am just not crazy about the black stand. I like the natural wood color. Thanks for the info

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Im closing on a house in the spring and this will be setup and cycling so I can move my current tank into it.
I know it has taken a while, but I have been putting everything together and building the stand. The stand is taking a while since I am cutting some crazy joints for it.
Ill throw some pics up when I fill it in the new location.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Ohh ok kool u know i was second in line for that tank gl with ur build and ur move know i y its taken so long and jggav66 hang i there man u can find a good deal if ur patient it took a few try and I had a few issues even when I went to pick up the tank plus when i filled it so its a pita to get these big tank up i got the beast up and running and when i go home aftet a long day there nothing better than grabbing a cold one and hering daddy we gonna feed the fish from my 3 year old and i just sit back and enjoy my hard work

jggav66

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dubs,

It's all for the kids, have a 14 and 12 year old. They are my joy. Enjoy that little girl she is a princess. My baby is turning into a woman every day.

Getting close to buying this 150 tank. Called Aquarium village they are definitely the best price. I also found a 140 oceanic in PA it's about 70 mile from my house. I may go with that one. Let you know

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: