I just bought a 250 watt 15k XM bulb and I exchanged it with the bulb that was already in there and the bulb didn't go on when I turned on the ballast so I just turned it off. I took the bulb out and slid it back in to make sure I hadn't put it in wrong. I switched the ballast on and this time I let it on for a minute to see if it need time to start, but nothing. I took the bulb out again but this time the center part that usually lights up wasn't clear, it had a dark grey color kind of like that of liquid mercury. Can anyone help me with what's wrong? Maybe if there's someone around the area that runs 250w MHs, if I could stop by and test it out on your system. Let me know, thanks

Fortunato

so ya know the new bulb is no good then
lol yeah I guess so, the seller is exchanging it for a new one so all is good. question though....I use the 48" MH fixture from odyssea and i was wondering if the prooblem with the light could've been due to the ballasts that came with that unit since I would think they don't use the best ballasts at all (i am planning to get better ballasts once i get the money btw

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: