Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I am being attacked by the infamous iCh. I need to know what's the safest and fastest as well as the best brand to purchase to cure this problem. Look forward to your advice thank you all.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Hello everyone! I am being attacked by the infamous iCh. I need to know what's the safest and fastest as well as the best brand to purchase to cure this problem. Look forward to your advice thank you all.

Unfortunately there is no fast way to get rid of Ich, which is why it is so important to QT all new fish.

I need to take a shortcut here this morning as I need to get to work...I just posted info on another thread...take a look-see. It will answer many of your questions. You should read the thread so you fully understand the issue and look at the link in the thread for instructions.
Do let us know if you have more questions!

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/115529-can-ick-last-months.html

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went threw this so ill just give you my experience. Sorry to say everytime i see a thread on this theres loses.

First i got this product from Russ ://www.saltwatercritters.com/inc/sdetail/1150/3927
since catching the fish was out of the ?. Was this the cure all no, did it help i think so. Was it safe yes except i beleive it kills cleaner wrasses. So after the treatment i did a water change, added a new cleaner shrimp since the one i have dosent clean, added a cleaner wrasse and started using brightwell vitamin in there food. The cleaner wrasse went to town on my chevron tang and after the addition of the wrasse and vitamin to the food everything got much better fast. My fish are now spot free. I lost my flame angle, before the addition of the wrasse and vitamin.

Just what i did everyones experience is different.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Sorry, but Kick-Ich doesn't work against Ich and same goes for Cleaner Shrimp. Probably what happen is that your fish forth off the ich or still have it but you're not seeing it. It's very common for people to think that Kick-Ich, or garlic, has cured the fish of ich, but in reality it was something else that did the job.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
"Sorry, but Kick-Ich doesn't work "
The proof is that so many people have ich problems and if this product worked then all the people who bought it would be giving testimony. And for every one person who says it worked for them are another 50 who say it didn't work. Which means that the times it did 'work' were just situations where the fish resolved it on their own.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Sorry, but Kick-Ich doesn't work against Ich and same goes for Cleaner Shrimp. Probably what happen is that your fish forth off the ich or still have it but you're not seeing it. It's very common for people to think that Kick-Ich, or garlic, has cured the fish of ich, but in reality it was something else that did the job.

Or that during that time period the Ich reached the next stage and the ich dropped off the fish and into the sand-bed to reproduce.

Do not be fooled..the Ich is still in the tank.

The ONLY thing these 'natural' products do is irritate the slime coat of the fish..who knows how uncomfortable that is to the fish..as this stuff is usually made of cayanne pepper :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: