TNT280

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hey everyone hows it going?
My jbj nano 24g, has been runnin for about 8 months now.All my levels are perfect, I have t5 lighting, my corals are growing great (zoas, sps, etc.) In the last month i noticed some green algae on my sand in the front of my tank. Is that a normal process of the tank? If not how do I get rid of it?

Thanks

TNT280

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I keep the lights on from 930 am to about 10 pm.

Attachments

• algae.jpg
    algae.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 94
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Try cutting back on the lighting. I run my CF-Quad from 230pm to 9pm and have some algae but it is in check. Your always gonna have some algae no matter what.

6 or 7 hours is enough for most coral. and I turn them on later in the day that way they are still on after the sun does down and I can still enjoy them...

Is the tank in any direct sunlight??

If so you may want to cut the light down even further.

Also.. you have some bioload for a 24 gallon....what kind of CUC do you have? Any algae eating fish such as a lawnmower blenny?

TonyHNY

Back from a break
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Stuff like that on the gravel, some blue leg hermit would take care of it. or a light suction with a tube when you change the water.
Once you start having some coraline algae growing, that should take care of some of it... Or you can consider growing some other kinds of macro algae to exploit the nutrients.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: