ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Did it get too high because you're trying to fine tune your ca reactor and overdosed too much? If so, and you overdosed by a lot, then water change followed by turning the reactor to dose slower (less co2 and less effluent).

knockout

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
what do you consider high? you never gave us a reading
alk if left alone and not dose anything will come down and stabilize itself

if anything the ca reactor should lower the alk, were you dosing anything else that made the alk spike again without knowing what the level is is hard to give any advise

jimidalock

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Exactly!

Did it get too high because you're trying to fine tune your ca reactor and overdosed too much? If so, and you overdosed by a lot, then water change followed by turning the reactor to dose slower (less co2 and less effluent).
Ya Ming, I was tuning the ca reactor and the alk went over 11.00 so I turned the reactor down and did water changes and it is coming down now. Thanks everyone!

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hi
This is only my opinion but I keep my DKH between 9-13 on all my systems. Whether it be fish only or reef. I wouldn't be too worried at 11. I have found that with the higher DKH I have no green algae growth and more coraline. I also do dose with calcium and magnesium

jimidalock

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks!

Hi
This is only my opinion but I keep my DKH between 9-13 on all my systems. Whether it be fish only or reef. I wouldn't be too worried at 11. I have found that with the higher DKH I have no green algae growth and more coraline. I also do dose with calcium and magnesium
Well thanks Andy. This tank hasn't seen GHA in about 2 yrs. Knock wood.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: