gatorracer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some green stripped mushrooms that I love the color of and they are getting to be very big and covering some of the new little ones under neath there lips. How do I frag them to a different rock and which ones should I frag? The big ones.. little ones?

Thanks for the help in advance..

Gatorracer

wade1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to frag them, the little sprouts will wander off of the rocks to light on their own. However, if you want the frag them, it is very very easy.

Take a razor blade, run it across the middle of the big one (if big enough, you can even make a cross on them) bisecting it through the mouth. In a few days you will have two (or four)!

Not to be tried, but I have seen someone intentionally drop a shroom into a powerhead and create little bits that wound up all over the tank. :)

gatorracer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you actually just cut the shroom in half right through the mouth? Seems a little barbaric. If you say that works there is one about 3" across I would love to cut. Then I just glue it to a new rock or rubberband or how do I reattach.

Thanks again

nazzy_016

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wade":325tz2lu said:
Not to be tried, but I have seen someone intentionally drop a shroom into a powerhead and create little bits that wound up all over the tank. :)
ahahahahaha right on

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: