Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hello Everyone,

Recently a stranger left 2 baby sliders in a tiny tank and left it at my cousin's house. They came home, and have been trying ever since to care for them. I have been warning them it's not a good idea to try and keep them, as they need a lot of commitment, however at the same time we been having a hard time trying to see if anyone would be willing to take them in. Appreciate any info, one of them. from what I last remember seemed healthy, however the other may have a respiratory infection based on information i been gathering. Thank you for any help in the right direction

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Try seeing if anyone u kno has an outdoor pond. Lots of people with ponds have them there. Shameful that someone would just leave them like that. Also maybe see what state laws are about releasing them at a local pond or lake. As far as I know they do live locally but idk If they’re too small or too sick to survive on their own

aclman88

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
“Release of unwanted pets in parks, ponds, and woodlands is illegal in New York State and many other states. Red-eared sliders are not native to New York or any of the surrounding states, and their release in New York waters is prohibited.”

I would just be cautious as they are not native and out compete local turtle species.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: