jck16

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I was rating petco over petland just cuz i think their base livestock seems healthier cuz the first marine fish i ever owned came from petco actually like 11 yrs ago and they didnt immediately die of disease...just my own ignorance heh.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Having purchased fish at petco in yonkers and in Poughkeepsie with success I have to say that some employees that work for them are knowledgeable and if not you should research before you buy. These days with smartphones there's no excuse for not having done your research.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Having purchased fish at petco in yonkers and in Poughkeepsie with success I have to say that some employees that work for them are knowledgeable and if not you should research before you buy. These days with smartphones there's no excuse for not having done your research.
+1...Chief, did you know there is a new Petco opening in Mt Kisco (old CVS store)...was told that they will have saltwater

NanoAquatic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.5%
364   2   0
Chain's hire people with little experience... just enough experience to know how to handle the basics. I don't think they can afford a professional, unless the owner themself is a reef keeping pro. Then again, it's a store that sells ALL pet animal goods... I don't think they pay specific attention to one area of pets.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
yea they do..but i9f you have a "fish department" especially one w/ marine fish and corals the people in charge of it should not be complete idiots and for the sake of the store and the well being of the livestock they are trying to sell they should at least have someone who is qualified to handle the job. You don't give a job to someone who can't handle it.

ziggyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
wow sux im reall sorry to hear but now you know the pain most of us have had to deal woth at one point and i am suffering from right now... please any diffinitive answer to how long the parrisite can live with out a host

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: