Rating - 100%
227   0   0
since most commercial brands use CaCl as its main ingredient, i figured 50# will last me a few years. i want to plan ahead since i won't have time to run around getting reef stuff in the near future. esp if i miss a WC occasionally.

MattyO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Calcium chloride

CaCl is hygroscopic so it will harden once exposed to air.. Look for a jug or pail to help but it won't last years lol.
The is one major CaCl producer in America and the Vaporizer producer just signed with them, older stuff will be different material. This main manufacturer also supplies prestone driveway heat, qik joe pellets, qik joe hot flakes, white heat flakes, peladow, and Dow flake. These are really the only ones you would come across in the ny area. The pellets are 90-93% calcium chloride and the flake is 83-87%.

Magnesium chloride is different then a blend as blends are mostly rock salt mixed with other chlorides. Magnesium chloride deicer is only around 50% magnesium chloride (mostly water) in its purest driving form so do not get thrown by any msdsmor spec sheets.

Any questions please shoot me a pm

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: