UNICORN

Bubbles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone i hope everyone is haveing a good new year.

well i have this burgandy crusty alge growing on my sand

how do i get rid of it ? what is it? :birthday:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
red cyano.try to syphon out what you can get and check ur phos levels.do u have a phosban reactor.if not i would invest in 1 and do ur water changes.how long has ur tank been up and running.what size and whats ur bio load.like everyone said lets get a pic up.what are ur parameters also
ph
alk
nitrates
nitrites
ammonia
then these guys can really know whats going on..these guys are good here.they taught me alot.

wschang812

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
how do you get rid of the cyano? im getting it on my rocks. i have a phosban reactor with chemipure elite inside, purigen, uv sterilizer, and phos-zorb in the sump. i used to use tap water until the last 3 water changes when i changed to RODI water. could it be that the tap water is still affecting the tank?

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Oops didn't realize its on her sand
When I had gotten cyano I siphoned it of the sand and even made a little brush attachment for my hose to brush cyano and even green algae of my rocks when doing water changes . When it was at its worst a few years ago when I let my tank go I even syphoned everything but had a media bag on the other end of the hose and let it dump back into my sump kinda like a vacuum cleaner

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: