funkmaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i feel that cree led lights are the best out there does any one know if 3 watt 6700k is the way to go and how many white and blue lights will i need for a 150gl ank 6 ft x18x24

C

CrashGibson

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
From what I have read and researched you may want to look into Luxeon star leds. IMHO.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I have several fixtures, all running Cree XR-E Q5s, Cool White and Royal Blues. Pots were added to buckpucks for dimming each color, this allowed me a good range of color. Recently, I started to use the Meanwell driver (up to 13 LEDs), the version I have requires a PWM 555 circuit to dim (5%-100%). There's another version of the same Meanwell driver that can be used (as I have read) with Digital Aquatics ALC module.

90reefernyc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have several fixtures, all running Cree XR-E Q5s, Cool White and Royal Blues. Pots were added to buckpucks for dimming each color, this allowed me a good range of color. Recently, I started to use the Meanwell driver (up to 13 LEDs), the version I have requires a PWM 555 circuit to dim (5%-100%). There's another version of the same Meanwell driver that can be used (as I have read) with Digital Aquatics ALC module.
The Meanwells that I think you are talking about end with a D and you can also use them with the Profilux controller. This is something I am looking into and will be trying to build soon.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
i feel that cree led lights are the best out there
Please define "best"

does any one know if 3 watt 6700k is the way to go

well I think only marine scientist can tell you what's the best color temperature for your coral growth(i am guessing here as you have not mentioned why you have choosen 6700K for)

and how many white and blue lights will i need for a 150gl ank 6 ft x18x24

Most DIYers use 50/50 approach while some diyers like 2W:1B ratio mainly for the look

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: