rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I was not happy with the last thing custom king did for me.

He built me two identical ro/di containers for my stands

He did not put the holes in the right place.
The holes that were in the wrong spot were also the wrong size.

He did not polish the edges of the acrylic like I expected him to (as he had done on previous jobs), & the edges are rough, ugly & chipped!!!!

I have a leak in one unit if it is filled more than 2/3. I am not sure about the other and will not fill fully to test it.

The removable tops are now warping for what ever reason.

Also, when I pm/texted him after i received the containers, he never responded so I was unable to address any of these issues.

I will not buy from him even though he is the cheapest. I guess you get what you pay for

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I seen many of his sumps he is top. Notch does great work alleys buts his heart in to what he does a a?+++++++++ vendor here I would wait for him he will be back
Ok, now that custom king is gone..no where to be found. Where can i get a custom made sump/refugium - ato container .

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I would say his skills and his work is pretty top notch overall. His customer service can definitely take some work. How can you be a "vendor" or sales person if noone can reach you for months in and out?

Everyone has a life but he's been MIA more times than accountable for someone so top notch. I think all he needs to do to dismiss this is set a list on his vendor thread. His wait list. Expected turn around. Etc. This would be very much appreciated to the community and every potential customer.

I don't think that's too much to ask for? I would definitely purchase a tank/sump from him if I think I could get a hold of him. I had a sump from him previously and quality was great. As well as seeing his work everywhere else so nothing against him. If he does make it to stay around tax return time, damn sure getting my wish list in for my tank and sump.

**I have not seen another sump builder/acrylic builder in the area that could compete though so it is what it is.

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I had answered another member on another. I'll give you the same response. I spoke with Jeff two days ago, and he told me what I suspected.
He has been extremely busy with the house, commuting to NYC, and being a dad, as well as a husband. He fully intends to be back after the holidays...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: