Rating - 100%
27   0   0
if the newbies want to start with easy and fast growing beginner coral just let me know, pm me, and i will start a dbtc thread i can do for the beginners as u progress, but, u must have a frag to offer someone else, in order to get a free one. i personally like this section because it is not only saving u money but its also saving the reefs and also cultivating the coral by spreading them throughout the reefing community and eventually will come back to u. i have a couple of beginners, some zoas, kenya trees (big ones), button polyps, dont remember off the top but u know where im going with this. if u are a beginner and dont, have more than 50 intelligent posts, i will not trade harder to keep corals. if u see any corals that u cannot keep alive dont ask for it, is all i ask. this is also a just incase type of thing, if my tank crashes the person that took the frag first must offer me or any one that gave u a frag, a piece back. or if they loose the mother colony of the frag u took, and they pm u that they need a frag of that thing they gave u, u must give them a piece, read the details at the :
DONT BREAK THE CHAIN section on the forums tool bar thingy

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
if the newbies want to start with easy and fast growing beginner coral just let me know, pm me, and i will start a dbtc thread i can do for the beginners as u progress, but, u must have a frag to offer someone else, in order to get a free one. i personally like this section because it is not only saving u money but its also saving the reefs and also cultivating the coral by spreading them throughout the reefing community and eventually will come back to u. i have a couple of beginners, some zoas, kenya trees (big ones), button polyps, dont remember off the top but u know where im going with this. if u are a beginner and dont, have more than 50 intelligent posts, i will not trade harder to keep corals. if u see any corals that u cannot keep alive dont ask for it, is all i ask. this is also a just incase type of thing, if my tank crashes the person that took the frag first must offer me or any one that gave u a frag, a piece back. or if they loose the mother colony of the frag u took, and they pm u that they need a frag of that thing they gave u, u must give them a piece, read the details at the :
DONT BREAK THE CHAIN section on the forums tool bar thingy

Not to minimize your generous offer to beginner hobbyists, best that if you have something specific you want to post in DBTC, to simply put it there as keeping track of these things within forums is near impossible (hence our reasoning for the specific forum on the tool bar thingy:))

One more thing to keep in mind, try not to complicate it too much with too many rules ;)

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
It is a good idea... just had to make a crack about that one!

Actually the only thing you might want to consider is the fact that a beginner may not have a frag to give. For things like the kenya tree, you may want to give it with the stipulation that they need to offer frags to another beginner for free. It would still be DBTC, but would let a newbie stock their tank early on, and give back to the community.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
true but im pretty sure they can take a frag of thier first big colony of zoas and offer it, u get me? everyone goes crazy when they first set up a tank and buy the biggest massive colony of zoas cuz they think it is awesome, and then when they reach 2 months they say what was i thinking

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
lol. dam u guys know how to make something negative out of something positive, how about just saying "that sounds like a good idea" or "i want in on it too"

Negative? I don't think so :) I was trying to guide you back to the proper forum where it IS a good idea to post about DBTC as opposed to this forum where the thread will be buried (perhaps forever) in a couple of days. Nothing wrong with putting a post up on the DBTC forum to suggest more folks get involved!! :)

My suggestion regarding simpler rules had to do with ...
this is also a just incase type of thing, if my tank crashes the person that took the frag first must offer me or any one that gave u a frag, a piece back. or if they loose the mother colony of the frag u took, and they pm u that they need a frag of that thing they gave u, u must give them a piece,
... I was lost on the first 'they'...lol..I'll call my second cousin twice removed on my mothers side to explain it to me ;)

Carry on! :tub:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Kathy Just following suit- I really don't expect a Mushroom back- Didn't mean to ruffle feather or such and I'm not quite sure I met your cousin!

Where you able to move the thread or should I start a new one

Thanks

One Timer - you did everything right (you too Skimmerman!)...except for posting your DBTC offer in the wrong forum (yup, I moved it for ya)
No feathers ruffled, just trying to get you fellas to post in the DBTC forum (more posts = more readers = more activity there) even if it is only to discuss DBTC and how you CAN get more folks involved in it, especially noobs who don't necessarily have much to offer.

..and I've got 53 first cousins (not including spouses), I don't even try and count all those 2nd ones, & once, twice, thrice removed ones...etc..Hey - YOU might even be one! lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: