DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have drastically reduced my feedings because I had a serious nitrate problem and what i've read about my bycolor blenny has come true. I guess he will start to pick at corals if underfed. He's been clearing polyps off my monti cap and has been picking at my favia that i bought got the weekend. I read that he will eat vegetable products so I was wondering If i could just hang a piece of nori in there the days that I do not feed the tank to hopefully attract him to that instead of the corals. Would this break down after a little bit and cause the trates to go back up?

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
You can fold it up tight and clip it horizontally leaving the two ends exposed.When he starts to feed from the algae clip ,that don't mean he will stop grazing on your corals.I had a blenny that grazed on the side of my Tangs.

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anything that is suppose to pick on algae will eat nori. When you overfeed anything your nitrates will go up, just control your feeding.

triggerhappy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Mine eats nori next to my Tang and o clowns lol. i cut the nori sheets into strands on the clip this way when the fish pull you dont have the whole sheet flying around the tank. they only pull the one strand and no mess. this has help with the whole sheet flying away and ending up on the back of the tank uneaten.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: