TopCat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Yeap, i read up on the internet and around the forums. I saw the glassholes.com. I'm new to the saltwater aquarium, so dont know much about the plumbing yet. Just not too comfortable doing it myself, being that I'll be killed if the 75g leaks cuz of plumbing =X

TopCat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I'm not really sure about the Aquarium service charges. Can you guys help me out to estimate how much should I paying someone to do the following for me?

- Drill 3 holes in the back of the 75 gallon tank (2 for drain and 1 for a split return)
- Make an empty 29 gallon tank into a sump with refugium
- Plumbing for the whole setup also

Thank you

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi TopCat.

The problem you are going to find is:

#1 custom aquarium builders are not going to want to drill your tank that you bought elsewhere. it's like bringing your own cold cuts to a deli and asking them to make a sandwich.

#2 private people will drill your tank if you find them but no1 is going to warranty or assure you the that it wont crack.

#3 you confirm it is not tempered & then you take your chances yourself with a kit from glassholes and go slow and say a prayer.

That is the road ahead.

isnyc300

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Hi TopCat.

The problem you are going to find is:

#1 custom aquarium builders are not going to want to drill your tank that you bought elsewhere. it's like bringing your own cold cuts to a deli and asking them to make a sandwich.

#2 private people will drill your tank if you find them but no1 is going to warranty or assure you the that it wont crack.

#3 you confirm it is not tempered & then you take your chances yourself with a kit from glassholes and go slow and say a prayer.

That is the road ahead.

+1 im not sure anyone wants to take the risk

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hey man, I will build your sump and drill your tank!! I can guarantee the tank wont crack, AS LONG AS ITS NOT TEMPERED GLASS!!. What size holes are you looking to drill? I have drill bits suitable for 1 1/2" bulkheads and 3/4" bulkheads. Im coming back to NY next WED. If you wanna pick me up from JFK, I can do it all that day. i will only charge you $25 plus a ride to Patchouge after Im done lol It should only take about 20 mins to drill the tank and another 30 or so to build the sump. Pm me if your interested

isnyc300

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Hey man, I will build your sump and drill your tank!! I can guarantee the tank wont crack, AS LONG AS ITS NOT TEMPERED GLASS!!. What size holes are you looking to drill? I have drill bits suitable for 1 1/2" bulkheads and 3/4" bulkheads. Im coming back to NY next WED. If you wanna pick me up from JFK, I can do it all that day. i will only charge you $25 plus a rid:splitspine to Patchouge after Im done lol It should only take about 20 mins to drill the tank and another 30 or so to build the sump. Pm me if your interested
Awesome deal !

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: