mling

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, this is probably a silly question but I have not fed sea weed sheets of my fishes before

I have primarily Herbivores in my tank, Sailfin and Hypo Tang, Flame Angel, etc. I’ve tried store bought Veggies like lattice ( my previous Yellow Tang would always gobble it up in a day ) but they all didn’t touch it.

So now I am trying Ocean Nutrition’s Brown Algae. No one touched it so I left it overnight. The color, seem to have gotten lighter today, light green versus brown in the clip, as compared to the part in the Clip.
Not having fed sea weed before I am not sure if they ate it.

Did the color get lighter due to it being left overnight and slowly dissolving ? Did the fishes nip at it. Is this considered a “eatenâ€

Attachments

• VegieAlgea.jpg
    VegieAlgea.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 438
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're probably right, it's probably just lost color in the water overnight.

If you have a store nearby selling Japanese ingredients and you can get hold of nori, that's supposed to work quite well (unflavored variety).

kgross

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of it it is it discolouring, part of it is micro algae growing on it.

You might have to try a few different types to find one that people like (as well as cut back on other foods).

Kim

mling

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since they do eat OSI Spirulina Flake food with out any problem. Would feeding the sea wee sheets be redundant ?

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the nori. They absolutely love it. It too turns a white color if you leave it in there too long. Also, try not to do that as I have noticed that it starts to rot real quickly. Smells like ****!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: