DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I emailed Ecoxotic about their Panorama LED Modules ($100). Everyone there has been extremely helpful. I asked them if it would be good for growth and this is what he sent back:

(I believe him, I just wanted to hear the opinions of fellow reefers)

"In March we will have the Panorama Modules available with lenses - the lenses focus the light - which also provides a higher PAR level. With lenses, the modules will produce plenty of PAR for LPS corals. In a tank like yours, the 60 degree lenses would be the best option.

LED's are a bit different than compact fluorescent lamps. The high output blue LEDs can produce close to the same if not a higher PAR measurement than white LEDs (it depends on the manufacturer.) In a BioCube 29, our all blue Panorama Module with 45 degree lenses will still produce 200+PAR at the bottom of your aquarium, it will just be focused (so you may want to use two of them and mix the lenses up.)"

I just wanted to double check if 200 PAR would be enough for good growth in my 29 Gallon Biocube.

My plan was to get the T5 retro (approximately $250+) that nanotuners.com is going to release that replaced stock PCs with 6-30W T5 bulbs w/ internal reflectors. I'm wondering if I should just buy 3 of these Panorama Modules for the comparable cost (minus bulbs in the future and heat issues) instead.

Does anyone know which would provide better growth?

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
np dreutz, i think im going to pick up some myself when i get the money. From reading people are saying these are the individual strips are what make up there actual LED UNIT...they have 6 strips in each unit and they are growing sps soft and lps from what i have read.

i run a 6x18 watt t5 and im going to look into getting two of those to mount on the side of the nep. i think that would be perfect for my solana.

what size tank do you have? that will justify whether they will be for growth or just looks from what i can tell.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: