goisles1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with these?

I currently use a DIY overflow I made from 3/4PVC. It does it's job, but I had some loss of siphon issues and almost flooded my tank twice. I was in the room both times and was able to kill the pumps before too much water dropped onto my livingroom floor. I added an Aqualifter pump which sucks out any Air that now gets trapped and also restarts the siphon if lost.

It works fine, but it's a bit noisy and I still have the flooding fear in the back of my head.

So.. Been reading online and I found the ESHOPPS Overflows. I see that there is no wat to hook up a Venturi Pump to them but they claim they will never lose the siphon. I like the DUAL model which would also give me some redundancy..

Just curious if anyone is using these and how they like them?

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
cpr overflows in my opinion are the best. They are cast acrylic and dont have a U tube. theirs also a small port to atach one of the reverse air pump thingys lol.

IMO CPR Overflow = FLOOD

Seen it happen on several occasions.

IMO if your tank is not drilled and you cannot use a Reef Ready type overflow, the wear type overflow box (CPR) is a bad choice.

goisles1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO CPR Overflow = FLOOD

Seen it happen on several occasions.

IMO if your tank is not drilled and you cannot use a Reef Ready type overflow, the wear type overflow box (CPR) is a bad choice.

I also read that.. Plus they are double the price of regular Overflow boxes.

My Tank is not drillerd of course and I'm pretty much stuck with some type of siphoned Overflow. I purchased the 800gph Eshopps Overflow yesterday.

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
If you are able to build your own overflow then there's no reason you cant just drill your tank. You'll sleep better with a drilled tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: