surfing pooch

surfingpooch
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I am new here, and glad to be here. i have a question if anyone could help me I would be greatfull. I did a water change in the morning and by nightfall the top of my feather duster was floating around?!? do they molt? or did i kill it? what happened?

RareZ

Azad
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
That usually happens.. I got few dusters and I've seen them do it.. it will grow back in time.. during that time when your duster has no crown, it will not come out of it's tube. Do not throw it away or kill it, it will not come out as it does not have anything to protect itself or to collect food.

You will see the new crown starting up in a week or two. Good luck.

surfing pooch

surfingpooch
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW thanks for the info

the tank is 6 months old and phosphates levels are still a little high. what could i do to lower them? (i,m using phosguard).I don't have a peppermint shrip but i do have a banded coral shrip, but it doesn't seem to harrass anybody but the fish when they swim by. for food i was adding the invertabrate smorgasboard. should i add something else.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Is the coral banded shrimp the only critter in the tank? We can't suggest what to feed if we don't know what you've got! :)
More info please & pics if you have 'em!

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I haven't had a feather duster in some time but I do recall having the same reaction you did. Eventually it did grow back. Some say that it is a sign of declining water conditions.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: