MarkF

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
On my 75Gal RR I have a Mag 7 that returns to a SCWD in the middle of the tank back wall blowing left and right. I also have a MJ1200 with the fan mod (smaller propeller), on the right side lower back corner blowing towards the opposite corner (top front left corner). My overflow is in the back left corner.

I plan on doing a soft & LPS tank with some SPS mixed in. My lighting is 4 - 48" VHO bulbs (440 watts).

Do I need more flow? If so what size Koralia should I get? Or should I get a MJ600 or 800 with the fan mod?

Thanks

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
If you are thinking of any SPS add two Koralia 4's to that tank...they need it...lots and lots of flow!
Those MJ's won't do anything...for a 75G

-David

MarkF

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
OK - I"ll add 2 #4s to what I have.

Is my lighting going to be sufficient?

I have a standard 75Gal RR with a 2-3" sand bed currently running 4x110 VHO bulbs. I still have to play with the bulb combination. I own 2 of each, actinic blue, actinic white, and aquasun. I just have to figure out which 4 look best.

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
OK - I"ll add 2 #4s to what I have.

Is my lighting going to be sufficient?

I have a standard 75Gal RR with a 2-3" sand bed currently running 4x110 VHO bulbs. I still have to play with the bulb combination. I own 2 of each, actinic blue, actinic white, and aquasun. I just have to figure out which 4 look best.

Sufficient indeed, VHO are very good...I personally go with the MH...but i am not running a 75G...I have seen combo of both MH and VHO... :D

-DCG

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: