knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
Really small (red w/black) What to do? Keep or discard. I found it in the bag when I kind of shook the coral before putting it in my tank. Sorry pics are blurry.

Attachments

• CIMG2698.jpg
    CIMG2698.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 238
  • CIMG2705.jpg
    CIMG2705.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 236

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Put him in the tank, they are fine and are very good detritus eaters :)
Just don't touch him with your fingers!!!!!!!!!! Those bristles get ejected into your skin, and they hurt like heck..trust me on this...

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Awww,Poor Kathy,did one get you?:lol:

Lovin' the sympathy I feel there Nelson ..lol Yeah, I got hit hard by one, there is a thread around here somewhere on how nasty these guys can be , especially to someone sensitive to their 'sting'. I'll see if I can find it later today and post it here as a refresher on what to do if you do get stung :(

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi knugenx ;-)
Last week I got stung accidentally by one measuring 30cm...fortunately the skin of the tip of my fingers was strong enough to prevent the bristles to penetrate deep enough to cause trouble :tongue1:...well this time I was lucky:Blurp:...any way for more information about Bristle worms please read this excellent article by Ronald L. Shimek about Bristle worms it will clear many of your possible doubts.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
From all your stingy-experiences. I got a feeling that this type of worm is similar to a sandworm (bottom-fishing). I once got bitten by one of those things thinking they were like nightcrawlers (no mouths).

Anyways, I'm going to let nature take its course but with my obstacle...I placed it into my little fuge (with a small rock and chaeto) and if by any chance ever make it to the main tank, then let it be.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: