Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
In my sump I have a 10" x 12" area for my fuge. I have a 4" dsb with live rock rubble which I've setup a scape to grow mushrooms.

I have a 6500k strip light on it and currently housing mangroves (red and black) + chaeto. I have a small portion of chaeto - but not sure how to keep it upfloat and tumbling. each time i attach it a rock, it ends up sinking to the bottom and end up on the sand bed. Any ideas how to keep it moving?

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
if you keep it tumbling the top doesn't dry out and the whole piece gets light and grows it's also more effective in removing nutrients that way

all I have now is cheato in my fuge
so there is plenty of room for it to move in the ocean it isnt attached to anything and floats and moves with the tide

kasha

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
if you keep it tumbling the top doesn't dry out and the whole piece gets light and grows it's also more effective in removing nutrients that way

all I have now is cheato in my fuge
so there is plenty of room for it to move in the ocean it isnt attached to anything and floats and moves with the tide

how do you keep it from breaking off tiny pieces and getting stuck in the pump?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: