beddru

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It's a leaf like algae that grows at the base of a patch of my Zoas it doesn't seem to be affecting their grown but I'm curious to know if it might be a problem in the future...

Attachments

• leafy.jpg
    leafy.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 259

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Are tips of the algae round or featherlike?? It like featherlike from the picture.. Halemeda has more of a thick cactus like leaf.. These don't appear to haveleaves just growing unformly from current..
It's definitely not Halemeda .I have some in my tank as well ,don't know what it is either.It look transparent when the lights go off and it can stunt the growth of the zoas if it gets out of control .It grows very very slowly.

Mr. Softy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I spoke with a friend today who had battled this algae for months with know luck. He tried a variety of fish and inverts with know success until he added a Long Spined Urchin and a Foxface. Problem solved. The tank is now spotless. Hope this helps. Good Luck

beddru

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Its a nice green though lol

Its a 12 gallon nano cube...the photo is enlarged so it looks like a nice piece of rock but its smaller than a fist...it hasnt grown fast so I haven't decided to try to clean it up yet...i could prob get most of it if I tried lol

I would need a really small foxface or a tiny sea urchin lol

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Without a better pic everybody is just guessing as to what it is. Also, depending on what it is, just putting the rock on the sand might not stop it from spreading around your tank. If its a small tank and a small rock (which it is) you can just pull the rock and pick off the algae with tweezers.

Finally, take a look at the pics of macro algae on wetweb and see if any look familiar.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: