Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I've bought this fish 5 weeks ago. For the first 3 weeks it was swimming and hiding and eating and hiding most of the time. I've seen it once a week probably, but the last two week's, I have not seen this guy. I checked every hiding spot I can think of in my tank and do not see him or his corpse. I'm afraid it has died and has already been buried in my tank in my DSB or my hermits have already ate it.

Anyway I can lure it out with some food if its still alive?

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I got a 37G tank, no signs of ammonia the past few weeks. Nothing has changed in the tank except for removing one of my powerheads (MJ1200) and replacing it with a Hydor 3.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If your tank is established, it can probably absorb the death of a fish without any kind of spike. In my 29g tank, my largest fish died a year after I set it up and nothing happened except a little more skimmate. All level fine, all animals business as usual.

If he's still alive, he'll come out eventually. I have a firefish that I see once every couple of days. I hadn't seen him in over a week and I assumed that he died and then he popped his little head out again. Sometimes fish die for no reason.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
If he eats similar to a rainfordi goby then he probably died. They sift stuff out of the sand by sucking up sand and it comes out through the gill slits. But if you do not have a big enough established tank they will starve.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: