M

M1killer976

Hi My Names Mike I'm New Here Any Feed Back Will Be Help Full About My Reef Tank It Is A "All Glass" 15 Gallon Tall Tank, "All Glass Aquarium" Lighting Deluxe Full Hood With Aquarium Spectronic Fluorescent Lamp Included "Rapids" 3 stage 450gph Wet/Dry Canister Filter/Protein Skimmer, Aqua Clear 150gph hang on filter, Live Rocks, Two 4" Top Fin Round Airstones, Live Crushed Coral & Sand Mixed. Tank Temp 78.5 F to 79.5 F Top Fin 100 watt Heater
Test Show "API" Ammonia 0 ppm, "Quick Dip" Nitrate 50, Nitrite 0, Hardness (GH) 300, chlorine 0, Alkalinity 300, PH 8.4, "Instant Ocean Hydrometer" Salinity 1.024. The Rest Calcium/NA, Magnesium/NA, Phosphate/NA For Now.

Did I Leave Any Other Needed Test Out?

I Used fiji Live Rock From A 100 Gallon Tank. That Was Not In Use For A Year But Still Had Water In It. The Salinity Of That Tank Was 0. Theirs Was Very Little Purple Left On The Rock. Will It Come Back If So How Long Will It Take For This To Happen Was This Ok To Do?

Today I Just Added 2 1/2 pounds More live Rock & 2 Yellowtail Damselfish From The Pet Shop Will This Help Anything ?

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I can almost guarantee you that your rock you had in a bucket is dead. There was no salt in there.

The 2.5 lbs of LR that you added is going to be fine as seed rock, but let me ask you is it cured? Because you threw in those two damsels I can almost guarantee you at least one will be dead soon due to cycling/fighting. It'll take a few weeks to seed the rock again.

You didn't miss out on any other tests but please do a water change, 50 ppm is pretty high.

h20 freak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using tap? don't

Try to get ur substrate to be all sand(look up deep sand beds)

ditch the wet/dry its a nitrate factory

get an actual skimmer(tunze and remora sell good skimmers for tanks that sixe, if you want to go all out the bermuda rogue is one of the best hang on back skimmers)

The biological media in the aquaclear is probably producing nitrates to.

Don't do all at once(except the stop using tap and skimmer part, do those asap) The sand/crushed coral, wet/dry and bio media should be taken away one at a time to let your bacteria to colonize elsewhere.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: