adam582

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
ok so i finally set up my cpr overflow, sump, and return pump.

the return was preplumbed from the previous owner and ive attached a picture below.

what would i need to buy to direct the flow horizontally instead of having it flow straight down like it is?

can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks,
adam

Attachments

• setup.bmp
    918.9 KB · Views: 65

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
You can get a 90 degree elbow to make it point towards the front of tank, a reducer to bring it down to 3/4" and then you can get the y from a vendor-and locline so you can aim your return jets in 2 different directions.

You can get the pvc parts from home depot or lowes and the loc line from a vendor or online.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
You can get a 90 degree elbow to make it point towards the front of tank, a reducer to bring it down to 3/4" and then you can get the y (spelled 'wye') from a vendor-and locline so you can aim your return jets in 2 different directions.

You can get the pvc parts from home depot or lowes and the loc line from a vendor :biggrin: or online.

+1

Your return plumbing is MUCH TOO LARGE. You need to reduce it to smaller than your overflow.
Ideally you want:

1" overflow plumbing
3/4" return plumbing

Russ

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If I could suggest- give Russ a call- he will do you more than right and help you out with info anyway thats needed---A+ guys him and Jim at saltwatercritters. Basically my exclusive supplier and I've had great success with both buying and learning from them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: