D

DA fisherman

Do blue leg hermit crabs eat Zoas :-/ cause I seen this guy at 12:pm on the frag and when I get back home half the Frag is missing!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 183
D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Dude I had to put my hand in there and knock his butt across the tank
:-/ and put the Frag back up on the Frag rack ;-)

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
nah hermits def do not eat zoas they will eat any algae growing inside and around them though which will irritate them and make them close. If you are 100% positive your polyps are GONE then look for asterina stars or zoa eating nudibranch/ Those could be the culprits

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
410   0   0
ZANYMASTER said:
Or..It melted or fell off the plug.I have a few of those stars and didn't touch my zoos.
It's that I'm ALWAYS looking at my tank...so if one polyps don't open I want to know why!!! Lolz so I'm looking at the hermit on the plug around 12 then I get back and half the plug was cleaned out :-( not just pieces but all gone .....

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Can't say for sure if the hermits were responsible but all crabs are known opportunistic feeders.
I would consider replacing them with snails or scarlet hermits crabs which are the safest. But definitely stay away from red legged which can be trouble.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Red leg hermits are def the most aggressive and will kill snails and other hermits. Blue legs will be fine with anything as long as there is empty shells for them to grow into and plenty of food to eat. Def keep a close eye on the tank though. Zoa eating nudibranch are very good at camo'ing themselves they change the color of the zoos they eat. They are cool looking lil critters though they kind of look like a snail w/ hedgehog'y type of spike looking things on their back..google them

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Okay so I'm here looking at my green Jean Zoa I think they are called..... And some little extremely slim body thing darts past it into my live rock :-(
I sure hope it's nothing bad ...oh I checked into the nudibranch but they look nice this thing looks almost grey/black more like skinny maggots with speed ....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: