Rating - 100%
6   0   0
About 2 weeks ago I purchased a JBJ 45 RL Rimless Aquarium with a Tunze 9004 Protein Skimmer to place in on of the rear chambers. I originally wanted to place it in the larger overflow chambers (first chamber on the left and right side of the aquarium). Unfortunately their is a wall with a small gap that will not allow the magnet to get a proper grip so the slightest touch causes the protein skimmer to slide further down into the chamber. I now have it placed in the 2nd chamber with its orientation matching the aquarium back to front but their very little space for the water to flow into the unit from the front grating. I had two major questions.

1. Are the external magnets waterproof? My external magnets dont look black with the tunze light blue color and appear to be sealed. This would all me to move it back into the first chamber and place the magnets in water and allow more flow into the unit.
2. How are you mountain it. It week two and my collection cups fills daily with just greyish water with obvious signs of pieces of skimmate.

I know this is hard to imagine with photographs. I will post some up later but any assistance would be appreciated.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Actually I was thinking you had the older nano skimmer, the one previous to the 9004. After researching I'd like to know how this skimmer performs after the break in period. Since it was filling up so quickly was it set at the recommended water depth? Also before the break in period some skimmers tend to fill quickly.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Actually I was thinking you had the older nano skimmer, the one previous to the 9004. After researching I'd like to know how this skimmer performs after the break in period. Since it was filling up so quickly was it set at the recommended water depth? Also before the break in period some skimmers tend to fill quickly.

Its actually performing nicely. I really think it didn't have enough water flowing in since it was situated from back to front in a very small chamber. Probably less than 1-2mm in space. After placing it in a larger chamber going left to right I have plenty of room in front if it and it has nice dark skimmate. So far I can't complain.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: