D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
some corals you cant find in your average store and you will be bound to the purchases of frags. Also might come to what you are looking for, some corals are very expensive and a coral colony would be extremely costly.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
as far as growth every type of coral grows different and for some people better than others. Figure out EXACTLY what you have in mind and make sure you and your tank are ready for the responsibility of that coral.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
i would say take it easy or ur going spend alot money on colony and the best thing to do is used mr as ur lfs u will find good deals.. i always make some good deals when people are breaken there tanks down on here u might have do a bit of traveling but its worth it

knockout

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
are you starting out, first tank?
I'll tell you when I first started I wanted nothing but huge established colonies, then I would kill them and be out $100, IMO just get frags you will get 5 to 7 different corals for the price of a colony, if you lose one here and there oh well it happens to everyone, as far as growth every coral is different and every tank is different what grows fast for me may not for you, one thing is sure they will grow and you will get more satisfaction of watching them grow!!! buy frags and save the reef!!!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I take it you are an INSTANT gratification person.lol

Save yourself a lot of grief, and hundreds of dollars!!!!!!!!! Buy frags, and get even better gratification in seeing the return of your labor.;) Nothing like watching a tiny frag grow into a beautiful colony knowing that you personally had something to do with their success......;)

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
cost depend on what ur getting a frag of ..and they dont have to be on disc frags could be on small pieces of rubble or on shell and depends on what the frag when the frags grow to be a colony they cover the disc/plug so u dont even see them after a few months /year

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: