Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Does anyone know if there is a rough par estimate for how many par each type of coral require for good growth?

I'm still trying to learn more about the LED world and everytime I think I have an idea of what I need someone shatters my LED confidence with all new info.

Finally does anyone have a par meter that they rent out?

Rating - 100%
70   0   0
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+par+is+needed+for+corals?

Enjoy lol. Was a lighthearted dig, no malice intended LMAO.

Thanks Jimmy. I know I can type anything into google and get 100 different opinions on the matter but I was looking for more of a comprehensive list of generally accepted par ranges for LPS, SPS, Softies, Zoas etc. As I'm sure you are aware, what one person says should be placed in the middle of your tank, someone else says "no the top only". I was mealy looking for a "bible" of scientifically proven pars that each type of coral does best at.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I honestly did the google thing because youll find just as good if not better answers than any 1 person will give you. All corals are different and thats why people usually pick a middle of the road and place deep water corals at the bottom and shallow reef corals at the top. Usually if you notice- for correct par with halides let say they go by depth- shallow tanks 18"deep and under people go with 150W halides for tanks of normal depth 18-24"you use 250W and for tanks deeper than 24" you use 400W. Then its up to trial and error of placement to see where the corals are happiest. softies are almost all low light LPS are middle of the road usually and SPS and clams are high light requirements.

Good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: