jaymo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I have a 65 aqua clear acrylic tank with a built in wet dry on the back portion of the tank . I recently moded it so that the water flows in to the wetdry and where the return pump was I put a pvc pipe down to my fuge . now the question I have is about my return it goes from the sump as one outlet and branches off to two with two ball valves that return to tank . I am currently running a 802 powerhead to return the water from the sump but I have to keep one of the returns closed because their is not enough water pressure . my question is should I get a mag 9 to use as a return pump so I can open both reurns or just leave as is and add another powerhead in the tank . I've added some picks thanks for the help
DSC01262.jpg

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

DSC01265.jpg

DSC01266.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01270.jpg

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I'll take a stab at this since nobody else has jumped on it yet.

Couple of questions...was the fuge just added?
Are you adding a 2nd way for the flow to get from this wet dry, then to then fuge and then back to the tank for added circulation in the DT?

If the fuge is a new addition, you could put on a larger pump than the 804 powerhead (400 gph) so that you can use the plumping you went through the trouble of installing. Not sure that you necessarily need to double it to a Mag 9 (950gph). Ideally you need to figure out the gph that you are draining from the wet dry area, and then calculate how to get that same volume of water back up to your tank taking head loss into consideration. The 2 figures need to equal each other. That will tell you what size pump you need.
Hope that made sense :spin:
Also hoping others will jump in here too!!

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
well the benifit of having a slower flow for return is it llows for the fuge to do it's job, yes you can use larger pump for return but it will take away from effeciency of a fuge, dont use return as a way to count on tank circulation either, add more ph's

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: