StrangeBreu

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
so i imagine this kinda thing has been seen before but i cant seem to find anything when searching for it and no one around me has been able to give any information and running random treatments on this little lady is gonna run out the clock. She is one of two fish that survived frigid temperatures and random sea water that entered our 110 gal when our house was under 8' of water during sandy. so her dying now after all that is not an option.
There is what seems to be a hole in her side near the front border of her middle bar, usually hidden by her fin. that started as what looked like a lump, then a pimple and now this. she also has developed popeye on that side and heavier breathing. the past day or so there has been a whitish slime or presumably fungus under her cheek under what seems to be another lump. she hasnt eaten in two weeks, though she has long stringy poop. shes still pretty active though, comes to the side of the hospital tank when you look in. Thinking it was bacterial, we went through a full treatment of artemiss and after that didnt work, maracyn plus. still no improvement, her eye is looking worse. Thinking its a fungal situation now. anyone have any ideas of what to try next? maracyn oxy? furan 2? i dont want to start another weeklong treatment if it wont work, this may be our last chance to save this little trooper.

Attachments

• IMG_0952.jpg
    IMG_0952.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 297

StrangeBreu

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
she was in a 125 with her mate, a hippo tang, foxface, some small blennys, a watchman goby and a ruby red scooter. nothing aggressive and they all get along. this started out as just a bump and then looked like a pimple and then turned into a hole. during this change she developed popeye so we didnt notice the hole forming until it was already there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: