Turtleray

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Tehlia Hunter in Melb Australia. I use to post under name of mermaid. I completed my 12 Week "Coral Biology for Reefkeepers" course with MACO. Eric Borneman wa the lecturuer whom I got to meet for luch when in OZ. I topped the class with flying colours 8O . Unfortunatley I could not continue my passion after being diagnosed with Mulitiple Sclerosis. I am now setting up my coffee table Jebo tank with Hermit Crabs. Will post photos once done.
Does anyone remember me from 2001? Thanks to all on the forum who helped me with the course and inputs.

"Don't worry Be Happy"

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tehlia. Sorry, I wasn't around in 2001, but good to see you back anyway.

:welcome: back !

Sorry to hear about your MS. I hope you are able to manage its impact. Looking forward to seeing pics of the hermit tank!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tehlia,

I don't know if this is of interest, as it seems to mostly deal with prevention, and apologies if this is inappropriate, but I saw this and thought you might want to as well.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5663483.ece

Vitamin D is ray of sunshine for multiple sclerosis patients

Melanie Reid and Oliver Gillie

Multiple sclerosis could be prevented through daily vitamin D supplements, scientists told The Times last night.

The first causal link has been established between the “sunshine vitaminâ€

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sign0016.gif

Welcome Back!

Turtleray

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Escaped Ape....
"Vitamin D is ray of sunshine for multiple sclerosis"
Every day I do 2 hours walking, often saying "Im going to get my dose of Vit D". Since moving to Queensland a year ago, from Melbourne Victoria (most cases in OZ diagosed are from Tasmania & Victoria), my health has improved beacuse of the wonderful environment. I love it here, will never move unless my landlord kicks me out. Sunshine Beach has the most amazing beach/ocean that goes for miles and is only 10min walk for me to get there. Will never leave OZ for a holiday, we are so lucky here.

Another question to all, Why does my ocean water stink after 2 days that I collect from the ocean?

Thanks to all for kind comments, I love my life and keep a positive attitude.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you're really tackling things head on - good for you. I envy you the sunshine (I'm in snowy, rainy Britain) and often dream, like a lot of Brits, of living down under, but it sounds like you need the sun more than me, so no complaints here!

As for the natural seawater, I think that might be all the plankton (phyto and zoo) dying off. A lot of places that sell natural sea water (often just called NSW - might help with searches for others' experiences - I'm not speaking from direct experience myself) filter or let it sit for a while to let this life die and settle to the bottom to be removed. If my memory is serving me right anyway...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I was going to post re. NSW. Most people filter or otherwise treat NSW before using it for that among other reasons.

Start up a tank build thread Turtleray, we love to look at pictures of other people's tanks
:D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: