TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I have been doing african cichlids the last few years and finally want to make the upgrade to salt water. I just recently bought a 125 acrylic flatback hexagon which i am probably going to do as a "fish only" tank triggers,a lion or 2 maybe a panther grouper. I can get the Bermuda bps-3c for 150 or maybe a little below I know it goes for 300 or better so the price is pretty good I just want to know if it's worth it. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
http://www.bermudaaquatics.com/bpshobby.htm

i have the smaller bermuda rogue skimmer, which also have their patented SCHLETZ air injector and I'm not sure if it's a problem with the design but after a year, it stopped making fine air bubbles. It still sucks in lots of air, but the bubbles are big. Called them up and they said that once a reef matures, it doesn't generate skimmate anymore. This is the only skimmer I've ever used and the only reef tank I've ever had, so I don't know if thats true. Either their skimmer is SO effective, that my water is crystal clean, or ...
Anyway, point being, I prefer some little wheel or something that physically breaks the air up as compared to venturi pressure sucking air in.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Haha, thanks, Do I call in and ask if Dr. House is in the house?
Anyway, pun was intended.
As far as I can see with the air injector and from what burmuda told me, it has a self cleaning, never clog system. As far as I can see, I agree. The design is so simple.
As the water is pushed through the 3/4" PVC piping into the foaming chamber, air is sucked in through a PVC T near the top and above the water line. That's it. no moving parts. I'm really not sure how the SCHLETZ injector can make fine bubbles vs big ones.

I stuck pipe cleaner all the way in and around the U bend, to clean it out, but it didn't make a difference with the bubbles. I was also told to remove the little black air intake elbow and clean that out. There's nothing else on the rogue to clean. Also put in a bigger RIO pump (went from 1700 to 2100) to move more water, but no change.

I use to generate a full cup of skimmate a day, now I just get this black slime buildup along the inside which, I wipe off everyday. Anyway, my SPS and LPS seem to be doing fine and still growing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: