wayne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey one eyed willy man long time no see him .
before you decide you might want to post some info on your tank size what you wanna keep in it what type of light do you have right now, the more info the easier the question will be to answer for us

DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Silky, hit up Del on the forum, he just went to LED's on his 72g. He's running 5LED's I believe. 3 blue and 2 white. He got a sick deal on them and his tank is responding well to them.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I have personally seen the one in the 2nd link. I did not like the look of it. The guy has several of them in his LFS and nothing looks healthy under them. All the SPS are brown, no matter the height in the tank. The hammers and zoas in another tank won't even open up. He said they are made in China and had them running for 3 weeks on those tanks. I think 8 units all together.

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
DJYoshi said:
Silky, hit up Del on the forum, he just went to LED's on his 72g. He's running 5LED's I believe. 3 blue and 2 white. He got a sick deal on them and his tank is responding well to them.

5 LEDs on 72 gal tank? Wow...
What kind of LEDs he using?

Regards,
mark

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Silkyslim said:
Im in the market for some LED Lighting for a 75 gallon tank just wanted to know what the census was these lights I saw on ebay.

Silkyslim stay away from 1W LEDs, those are good under the cabinet but for reef tank you need something stronger... IMO

Regards,
mark

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Silkyslim said:
I'm setting up a 75 gal. Fowlr first and then reef.

Then build your own LEDs light...
It's not really complicated if you want I can help you.

Regards,
mark

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I'd be skeptic about any LED lights which aren't known and do not give the detailed specs of the LED's. You'll be risking that they're one of the no name brand from china which are inferior and unproven to work. LED's do work, but you need to use quality equipment to get quality results. My LED's has worked great for me. Savings of about ~$70 per month on electric and my corals are coloring up great and growing at a nice fast rate.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: