BFITZ06

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
so im siting in my living room drinking a beer looking at my xmass tree that is loaded with led lights...so i think why not use a 3ft led xmass light set in the getto light fixture im going to run on one of my tanks? the hood has pc/ t5 retrofit kit in it now and i was thinking of adding a few led for a moon light or a whole set for some added color. what do you think should i rip a set of these things of my tree and deal with the rath of the wife or go back to drinking my beer

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for moonlights or a dusk/dawn thing they will work fine, but not for supplementation. your daylights will drown out the blue.

C

CrashGibson

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
BUT!!...the idea could lead to a great DIY project!...Though xmas led bulbs dont provide enought lumens, there are 8mm n 10mm bulbs that can have very positive effects. Just have to get the right LED bulbs, solder iron, heat sink, and fan. A bit of time could payoff! IMHO. OR if the wallet allows, get on the PacificSun pre-launch group buy here on MR. Their lights will replace your MH and could reduce your electric bill in a major way!...just a thought!

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
the christmas lights probably are not going to hold up to the heat/moisture in your canopy. shocking yourself or torching your canopy will make you want to drink a lot more beer...

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I think it sounds like a fine idea. If you catch any flak from the wife just say you thought you were helping by taking down the lights because it is after X-mas. Ignorance is our best excuse when being verbally assaulted by our wives.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: