isgon26

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
420   0   0
I currently have two Aqua medics ocean lights 250 watts DE 10000k on my 150 gallon mixed reef. My tank is 72 inches long so i need another light for the middle of the tank. However, just the two lights creat so much heat that it brings my tempeture to 83-84 degrees when the lights are on. So I am not sure what type of light i should add to the middle of the tank. I was thinking of getting a coralife 65w PC but not sure if this is what I should be gettin. I am going to get some clip on fans to try and control some of the heat of the pendant lights. Can anyone give me some suggestions.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
83-84 degrees now... (In the fall/winter) What happens in the summer? What is the temp in your house?

Fans help allot! Also, is the top open? I have a 125 with a 50g sump and a 15g frag tank. All with open tops. 2 gallons per day in evaporation. Temp is around 78 with 3 150MH on the 125 1 66W CF on the sump and 1 250W MH on the 15G. When all the lights go off, the heater kicks on. Temp in the room is between 68 and 78 all year round.

Last edited:

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
where do u possession the fans? on the tank, lights, sump, or all the above? i also have a 100 gal and the tank is around 78 at night and the when the light are about to turn off it goes up almost 81 with or with out the canopy open. not worried about those temps but just try to figure it out a way to cool the tank with fans so next summer i dont have to worry about the tank hitting 84-85 on those hot hot day even with the ac at 75.
Oh and im running 2 250 plus 260 watt if atinic

83-84 degrees now... (In the fall/winter) What happens in the summer? What is the temp in your house?

Fans help allot! Also, is the top open? I have a 125 with a 50g sump and a 15g frag tank. All with open tops. 2 gallons per day in evaporation. Temp is around 78 with 3 150MH on the 125 1 66W CF on the sump and 1 250W on the 15G. When all the lights go off, the heater kicks on. Temp in the room is between 68 and 78 all year round.

isgon26

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
420   0   0
the top is open. im not sure what the temp in the room is i need to check that. But I do leave the windows open all day so the room is not so hot. I also shut the radiators off. I hope the fan will help.

Fans help allot! Also, is the top open? I have a 125 with a 50g sump and a 15g frag tank. All with open tops. 2 gallons per day in evaporation. Temp is around 78 with 3 150MH on the 125 1 66W CF on the sump and 1 250W on the 15G. When all the lights go off, the heater kicks on. Temp in the room is between 68 and 78 all year round.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I would install what I need and worry about the tempture if it's a problem. If you need another MH, then that's what you need. It all depends on your preference and what will be in the area of the light.

Last edited:

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I also have a 150 gallon long tank and I'm currently running 3 250w MH on a mixed reef. Temp is not an issue for me since I run the tank with open tops and my apartment is 70-75 year round. I would focus on keeping the room cooler so the tank will stay cooler and then add a 3rd MH. Also a fan blowing across the top of the water will help,I keep a fan in my sump area and that seems to be working for me.

autoponicz