Thavngr98

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What are some good time cycles to run lights? I have 2 have 2 of Wingo's Grand Slam bars that have the Blue and white. Currently I have just the whites on from about 1pm to 6pm then at 6pm the whites turn off and the blue's come on. Around 1am my refugium light comes on and turns off around 5am. Then lastly at 5am to about 8am my blues turn on and then off around 10am. This cycle may be way off the mark but I figured it was the closest to a normal daylight cycle. I never run 50/50 which is why I thought of asking all of you. Any thoughts are appreciated....

wschang812

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
i had mine, actics from 12pm-10pm(for dawn and dusk effect), white come on at 2pm-8pm (actinics already on for more intense lighting), and sump light on from 10pm-12pm (heard it maintains the pH at night). hope this helps. this worked fine for me. i set my time a little later in the day because i want to enjoy my tank when i get home after work/school.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Sump light - 11-11
Actnic - 11-11
MH 14k 3-9

I set my MH for time frame it will be viewable when I get home after work. Sump light is on to keep PH up during the night.

Custom05Taco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
What are some good time cycles to run lights? I have 2 have 2 of Wingo's Grand Slam bars that have the Blue and white. Currently I have just the whites on from about 1pm to 6pm then at 6pm the whites turn off and the blue's come on. Around 1am my refugium light comes on and turns off around 5am. Then lastly at 5am to about 8am my blues turn on and then off around 10am. This cycle may be way off the mark but I figured it was the closest to a normal daylight cycle. I never run 50/50 which is why I thought of asking all of you. Any thoughts are appreciated....

This sounds strange. why don't you run your white and atinic at the same time? It sounds like your running lights at 6 hour intervals most people run them atinic first and last to simulate dusk and dawn then the day light in the middle

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: