[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have some really sweet rock, all sorts of good plantlife and corals and bright sponges. Ive ordered twice from them in the past.
One thing to look out for however is the high mantis content. The first time I got 30lb from them I had a mantis in there. The second time I ordered I had a mated pair, which was really sweet. Although I could never get the hatchlings to live more than a few days.

I think they are really cool. But a mantis is definetly not reefsafe. or maybe I was just lucky and got the only mantis that was around at the time...

my $0.02

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to add my .02 here. I have noticed that Fish Town has some pretty decent uncured Fiji LR for under 4.00 per Lb (3.99 to be exact). Did this place leave a bad taste on someone? I checked out some of the on line sights and when you factor the price of there LR, box charge, shipping charge, and in some cases airport fees to me FishTown seems to be a no brainer. Then again I may have missed something. If I did I'd like to know. Im planning to buy some LR in a few weeks so if someone had a problem with there LR please let me know.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Angel

The rock from Fish Town is Walt Smith premium Fuji rock and for the price it's great. I have some in my tanks and have alot of things growing out of it. Also you can get some pieces, if it been there awhile, that is fully cured and has no bad smell or die off. It's good for base rock and some piece do have coralie algae on it.

As for TampaBaySaltwater the rock has alot of corals, coralie algae and other things on it. If you get some corals that you can cut off the rock it's well worth the price. On the bad side the rock does come with Mantis shrimp and Gorilla crabs plus some other critters that aren't good, so you need to quaranity the rock for awhile.

Michael

dreko

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hmmmm....
Ok, I'll check out FishTown this weekend...
My problem is I really want lots of good life on the rock, but really don't want uncured rock...

I'll see if they have some 'older' uncured live rock...

Otherwise, thanks for the TBS warnings. I definately don't want nasty hitchhikers...
Dre

ISLANDREEFANDFIN

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a heads up guys.. we have fully cured rock dosed daily with calcium thats been curing for well over 1 1/2 months in our systems and is only $5.50 a lb and local guys can just come pick it up.

we have a variety of sizes from softball to basketball sizes.

thanks
Rick
Island Reef and Fin Inc.
718-697-7333

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought from them this past weekend, it is nice indeed.. and no mantis

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: