Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm putting together a wet dry system for the first time, main tank is 90 gallon and 20 gallon sump, currently working on purchasing a mag 18 pump and overflow box with 600 gph including ball valve and plumbing (as advertised)

is this too much power? i looked up mag 18 and it lists 1800 gph, im completely new to this overflow sump business and have been using canister filters which im finding is insufficient for my turtle tank, will my levels be stable?

caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Pressure needed

Excellent advice. If your sump is underneath your tank, most likely 2-3 feet, so your overflow boxes might be overwhelmed by the Mag 18.
determine how many feet from the sump to the tank and thats your head pressure..then look at flow charts to find out which pump will match your 600 gph overflow at that many feet...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a Mag18 down in the basement sump on a single overflow 110 tank. Works great for me because I have about 11' of head and the flow works for a single overflow at that head. Like all have said, check the pump flow at the head you have. If I'm correct...the head should be the difference in height from the pump up to the point where the water comes out of the returns. Good Luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: