A

Anonymous

I run a Berlin skimmer off a Mag 7 drive. Came home the other day, and the drive was not putting out water. Disconnected the skimmer, cleaned it, still no pumping. Prior to unplumbing the drive, I decided to rap it on the floor a few times....it eventually started up again. Seems to be OK now. Any ideas what's up? Thanks!

A

Anonymous

It's a problem I've encountered also. I have a Mag 5 that I use to circulate and mix my new water before changing it. Between water chnges it just sits in a bucket in the closet an each and every time I go to use it I have to shake it or bump it to make it start working. This doesn't answer your question but at least you're not the only one.

JMC

A

Anonymous

stevesfl: Sounds like you may need to clean the pump's impeller. I've had to do this on my Mag-5 a few times...just remove the front casing (after unplugging everything of course
smile.gif
). Then remove the impeller and rinse/wipe it off.

JMC: Do you run freshwater through your pump after making your new water? If not, salt deposits maybe building up around the impeller that keep it from moving until you jar them loose. I've had this problem on an Aquaclear 802 that I use for the same purpose
but the freshwater seems to do the trick.

Hope that helps!

SeaMac

A

Anonymous

SeaMac

I always rinse all my equipment with fresh water after I use it when changing water. But you may be right about salt deposits, because there is always quiet a bit of salt residue on the pump after I rinse it. I will take the impeller out and clean it. Thanks for the tip.

JMC

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: