W

Water Loft

Hi all. I am a first timer to this forum, but I have soo many questions and through time I will learn much from this community. Thank you in advance. Knowledge is meant to be shared and yet being free, it is the most valuable thing we as humans can own.

So let us say that a coral reef were to be structured in the waters of manhattan, where do you think the lowest sea level ratings are? Well shallow enough for a coral reef of course. Like where the heck is the best place for one to be formed?

ChEErs!!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Welcome to MR :)
Are you going to be setting up a reef tank? Any thoughts on what you'd like to have in it? Size?

I don't think the Hudson would be the ideal location for a coral reef..lotta freshwater mixed in there ya know...lol

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
the best place for a reef in ny is coney island many great looking coney island white fish to swim and play :lol2:

I haven't heard that term since the 70's - good lord!

Welcome aboard - there is no good place to establish a reef in this region - the water is too varied in temperature and salinity - even in the dead of summer the water isn't warm enough to maintain a reef.

Box it up, put it in your house and call it home :tub:
House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: